Give Your Old Carpet A New Look With Local Handyman In Sioux Falls, Sd
You flaunt your carpet when it’s new and stain free. Then why stop when it becomes old? Afraid that it makes your home look dirty or makes you sneeze and sniffle. Don’t feel hopeless. You can make your old carpet look just as brand new as in the market. Just follow the right carpet cleaning methods from local handyman in sioux falls, sd and that will help you clean the fabric, without spreading the toxic gases of the chemicals. First thing you should do while taking care of your carpet is maintenance. Keep the dirt outside, vacuum daily and clean up the stains quickly. There are many techniques used to clean carpets but you should know which one would suit your carpet the best.
For DIYers, you can go for hot water extraction or steam cleaning(heated water is sprayed on the carpet, sometimes with chemicals added to it while at the same time vacuuming the sprayed water and any dissolved dirt). You can go in for dry cleaning or hire carpet cleaning companies to perform the task for you. If you don’t wanna spend too much on getting your carpet look fresh, you can use several household methods. Here’s how you can give your old carpet a fresh look.
Tips to make carpet cleaning easy:
Here are a few tips on carpet cleaning at home…
- Since much of the dirt particles enter our house through our feet, we should use mats inside and outside our doors. Do not forget to vacuum those mats almost daily.
- You can also use shoe cabinets or racks placed outside your door for preventing people from coming in with their shoes on thereby bringing in the dirt.
- To avoid permanent staining on your carpet, clean the dry spills on the spot. It is advisable not to rub wet spills with cloth but absorb it.
- If there are stains that need your attention, just dab them with a more concentrated composition of detergent water, make sure not to rub across the area (that would worsen the stain and surrounding area ), and allow to dry. Continue the dabbing process until the stain is completely removed.
- Regular vacuuming prevents the dirt on the surface from embedding deep into the fibers.
- To make your floor smell fresh, sprinkle baking soda and clean it instead of using harmful chemicals.
Frequent vacuuming and occasional cleaning of your carpets increase your carpet’s life, makes it look fresh and new. It benefits your health, wallet and the earth.